Based in Dublin, Ireland
Sokos is a single player 2D platform adventure game where a cute alien uses wormholes to find its lost child.
Sokos started in May 2015, and was meant to be a tiny project that would take a couple months and would be my entry to videogame design, in order to get familiar with things related to videogame development (like sprites, shaders, tilemaps and all that crap), I'd start with a familiar developer language (Java), an Open Source game engine (LibGdx) and that way get in touch with things I was not familiar with. After that, Sokos evolved into a bigger project, I booked an exhibitor table at Play Expo, Manchester, and set the deadline for October, that had to be the release date, because I wasn't planning on spending any more time than that on it.
- Finally a platform game that you will love playing with a touchscreen or a mouse.
- Beautiful game design made from scratch by a one-man-studio.
- A very personal soundtrack contains music composed and played with my own collection of musical instruments.
- Increasing difficulty will please the most demanding gamers.
- Powered by multiple OpenSource tools: LibGDX, Inkscape, Tiled, Gimp, Audacity.
- Find the hidden artwork in the story pages spread among the 40 levels of the game.
Sokos Final Trailer YouTube
Sokos Trailer YouTube
The very early developer preview YouTube
Logo & Icon
There are currently no logos or icons available for Sokos. Check back later for more or contact us for specific requests!
Awards & Recognition
- "Best game we've ever done." Dublin, October, 2015
- "He's sooooooo cute!"
- My Girlfriend, talking about Soko, not me,
- "That's alright."
- My mom,
- "Is that meant to give money?"
- My dad,
- "HOLY SHIT SO AMAZING"
Request Press Copy
Please fill in your e-mail address below and we'll get back to you as soon as a press copy is available for you.
Alternatively, you can always request a press copy by sending us a quick email.
We're games studio and we make games because we like games.
More information on Adventify, our logo & relevant media are available here.
Andres Martin Jimenez
Game Designer, Artist, Music, Development, Business, CEO at Adventify Studios